One of my fellow Alltech employees, actually the one who sent me the KIND bars spoiled the sales reps in our territory when they were in California for training. I did not get to attend because of school and State FFA preparation. BUT I heard all about the gluten free “Brazilian balls”, as one of the reps called them.
I set out to do some research and found lots of recipes for them and they look VERY easy. I do not have tapioca flour so I will have to make it or buy it, but they are on my TO MAKE list!
Here is a picture of them from the allrecipes.com website
- 1/2 cup olive oil or butter
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup milk or soy milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups tapioca flour
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 beaten eggs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Pour olive oil, water, milk, and salt into a large saucepan, and place over high heat. When the mixture comes to a boil, remove from heat immediately, and stir in tapioca flour and garlic until smooth. Set aside to rest for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stir the cheese and egg into the tapioca mixture until well combined, the mixture will be chunky like cottage cheese. Drop rounded, 1/4 cup-sized balls of the mixture onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven until the tops are lightly browned, 15 to 20 minutes.
Do these not sound so simple and delicious? Have you ever tried these? I have also heard you can dip them in marinara… any thoughts?